So after some seriously diligent coding on Thursday afternoon, I met with Elliot this evening after work. I was exhausted and brain dead from work, and wasn't really expecting to make much headway.
What we got: a functioning main method and a train that travels two blocks.
This is HUGE. This is ENORMOUS! Getting the train to just... MOVE... was the hardest part of the whole thing!! We seriously started yelling and hooting and dancing around like idiots when it moved the first time. "IT'S MOVING! IT'S MOVING OMG!"
And we had to do it with buggy code because Yasmine hadn't committed her Train package yet.
So. waitingonhope, I need to see you at some point this weekend if you can swing it. We're not up to demo level yet. Elliot and I got it running and then quit. We need a fresh version of the Train and Route code, and we need you to give the thread management a lookover. (By the way, you were definitely present this evening, even in your absence: Elliot and I both kept saying things like, "Oh yeah, Krin mentioned that x might happen if we did y...")
IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!
* * *
Edit: Er, sorry to be insane. It's our Senior Software Design Project I'm talking about here. :)